Saturday, February 23, 2008

Eva Comes To Visit



I had the immense pleasure to be the babysitter today for Eva, who is the almost two year old daughter of my dear friends, Jon and Theresa. Saying that it was a complete joy would be an understatement. As someone who is used to a teenage boy and one who thinks he is, I can say that having a little girl around the house was a fun change. Last night, I had decided that Eva needed a new snuggle quilt so I got to work and finished the machine quilting after midnight. All of the work was well worth it when she snuggled up to her quilt when I presented it to her. Theresa said that Eva had had a sleepness night and would need a nap. Sure enough, about 5 minutes into the movie, Cars, Eva zonked out. Not hard to believe, about 7 minutes into the movie, I too was sound asleep. After our long nap, we had a quick lunch and then set out to do all animal chores. Eva was in seventh heaven as she helped feed and water the chickens, the donkey, the horse, the alpaca, and the pigs. I do have to say that the "cock-a-doodle doos" were her favorites today, probably because Henny Penny crowed every time Eva walked past. Once our chores were finished, we came back inside to play with some farm toys and have a snack of chocolate chip cookies. (I will never tell how many we ate!) Later in the afternoon, I could tell that Eva was getting sleepy. We sat down in the family room to watch Hannah Montana and this time it only took about 3 minutes for her eyes to shut. I almost hated for Eva's mommy and daddy to arrive because our day had been so perfect, I didn't want it to end. What a joy to have the opportunity to spend the day with such a precious little girl!

Hope you have had a great day and I wish you a peaceful evening...

Joshua

P.S. Notice Eva's t-shirt! It's never to early to start raising a good Democrat! LOL

1 comment:

Tammy Burks said...

Sounds like a great day! Love the shirt!