Wednesday, February 27, 2008

MTV to youtube...

Hello and warm greetings to you from Brown Egg Farm!

It snowed here today, but not sufficiently to cancel school. Driving to my school proved a little perilous because my drive takes me along a very windy country road and it was covered with icy snow. Typical to February in East Tennessee, it is 60 degrees one day and 20 degrees the next.

I have to admit that Paul has given me a new addiction on the internet - youtube! Now if you are like me, I remember when you could actually watch MTV and watch videos. I will never forget when I first saw Michael Jackson's video for Thriller or Madonna's video for Like a Prayer. It was sheer magic to me. Now that reality shows have taken over, the bliss of watching videos on television has been replaced by the internet and there is an endless supply of possibilities. Here are some of my current favorites:

Rob Thomas - Little Wonders from the movie Meet The Robinsons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIkFsVYWXxs

John Mayer - Say from the movie The Bucket List

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0z86LmXBM

Sheryl Crow - Love Is Free

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJFKcqLIvs

What a technological world that we live in that we now have music videos with a few clicks of the mouse and there is no long waiting for hours for just the right video to come on MTV.

Have a great evening - I am off to see if I can find Madonna on youtube!

Peace,

Joshua

2 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Hey, What's up? Have been missing you blogging!!!!

Kim said...

LOL I'm a YouTube fan too! Heck..does MTV even PLAY videos anymore? I remember when! ha!